[VHFcontesting] Desperately Seeking 222 (No More)

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Desperately Seeking 222 (No More)
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:42:58 -0500
Once again, the VHF world has proven to be the best bunch of hams in the world.
I think we should petition the ARRL to have the term "Gentleman's Man" changed
from 160 Meters to perhaps 2 Meters (or at least the weak signal portion)

No less than FIVE amateurs e-mailed or called my cell phone today offering to
loan me transverters and transceivers for the contest! Can you imagine that?
Some even offered to loan amplifiers and sequencers to go with them! Amazing.

I'm happy to report that we have been able to work things out locally---and
I'll be all set for the contest.

Regarding Down East Microwave, my comments were in no way meant to reflect
badly on Steve and Sandra. I ordered the assembled version of the 222-28 in
late June, and was told that it would be some time before I would receive it.
My limited experience with DEMI is that they do great work, and provide top
notch service.

Looking forward to working everyone on 222, 432, and 1.2ghz!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf

Les Rayburn, director