Re: [VHFcontesting] V/UHF contesting thoughts

To: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] V/UHF contesting thoughts
From: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:31:12 -0000
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
>    "1.  Object: To work as many amateur stations in as many
> different
> 2 degrees by 1 degree grid squares as possible using authorized
> frequencies above 50 MHz."
>

>     If a contest station -- whether fixed or rover -- is adhering
> to this
> simple, fair and worthwhile concept, then there is no controversy.
>
>    I will support these types of stations 100% and enjoy working
> them
> every contest.
>
>    If a station is not adhering to that primary objective -- again,
> it is the
> VERY FIRST stated principle in any ARRL V/UHF contest -- then
> they are outside the spirit of the contest, and others may very
> justfiably subject them and their methods to scrutiny and yes,
> perhaps
> even criticism.

But then wouldn't this mean that no station should take any off time, as
that would violate the idea of working as many stations as possible.  Also,
that means that we all must get on as many bands as possible, forgetting
about other budgetary things, etc.  So, goodbye sleeping during the contest
and goodbye to the checkbook.

73s John AA5JG