Re: [VHFcontesting] UHF contest this weekend -- post your plans

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] UHF contest this weekend -- post your plans
From: Sebastian <w4as@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:17:27 -0400
If the topic about rovers can be put aside for a while... this will be
my first UHF contest.  I only have 432Mhz, 100 watts to a ten element
beam at about 30', and am getting my LMR400 coax tomorrow.

I would like to work meteor scatter, since that seems to be the best
way to make contacts, especially in my case, being in south Florida
I'm just above sea level.

If there is someone who could contact me about using WSJT or other
software, or web sites, I would appreciate it.  I have some basic
questions - where do I listen? Where do I point my antenna?  I can do
elevation as well - if that is helpful?

Also, if someone with experience could send me their phone number, I
can call you on my dime (well, on my VOIP); or of course we can do it
the old fashioned way - on the air!

73 de W4AS
Sebastian