[VHFcontesting] KK6MCs figures

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MCs figures
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:52:48 -0700
KK6MC gave a partially detailed list of the results of the grid cirling team.

My question is this

what percentage of those team members scores are generated from working each
other?
The percentage of the QSOS with all the members of the roving team including
the guy who travelled with but did not turn in a log as per the soap box
posting.
What is the difference in in multipliers if you discount the multipliers given
by team mates?
Please don't make the statements you made unless you consider the real facts.

If 50 percent of the multipliers came from team mates and 50 percent of qso
points came from team mates then the score of qsos not made by line of sight
across an arbitrary line or intersection is roughly 1/2 of that of the man who
came into 2nd place unless he was a cirler too.  Even if its only 30 percent
self generated points and 30 percent self generated grids it would be less than
the man who came in 2nd.

YOU DO NOT GET IT. WHAT THEY DO IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT WE DO and the arrl did
not fix it.

Only about 1 perent of all my contatcts ever came from someone I could see with
my own eyeballs ayt the time I contacted them. I have never claimed a
multiplier that way.  That one percent would be curious hams that might come to
my opperating site to se my rig.

The intent was to put to the team rovers in thier own class so they could be
included and could compete against other teams or unconvential practices like
multi op rovers.  THEY IGNORED THE INTENT.

As a rover I am 100 percent sure if you remove the self generated QSOS and
multipliers you will see what thier efforts reaLLY MEAN TO THE REST OF THE vhf
COMUNITY.

Which rovers worked the most unique calls? if its not the winners then there is
something wrong with the system. What other ARRL contest can you work less
competitors for more points?

If you show me that the winning limited and classic rovers less than 20 percent
of thier QSO points came from non team mates and less than 20 percent of their
multipliers came from their team mates, I will drop this issue.

To say the fact they one 3 different divisions to post a lower score in the
unlimited division is BUNK. They are the only people doing this STUFF on such a
large scale.  So with ethics like theirs its a no brainer to enter all three
catagories.

Prove me wrong with all the facts. Not the ones you like.

Fact is that some good comes out of their Roves.
There is 2 types of Roving, teams and non teams, when we ignore the stated
intent and hide behind the skirts of the flawed rules we create controversy.
IF they did not brag about it they would not show how braisen they are to the
rest of the serious competitors.

There are some of us who do not competye much anymore partially on the account
of this. I cant complain that I cant win because I choose not to compete often
under these ciorcumstances.  When I give up the hope of meaningful change by
the ARRL and VUAC I will sell the gear and move on.

BRING ALL THE FACTS
k3uhf