Re: [VHFcontesting] hate mail

To: "'Gregg Seidl'" <k9kl@centurytel.net>, <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] hate mail
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:22:07 -0500
This has really gone too far.

Far be it from me to run from controversy, I am the guy who totally pissed
off a lot of people last year about FD site classification issues. However,
the three groups that transgressed the line changed their operations to suit
the intent of the contest, so the end justified the means I guess. And don't
forget how our group (WeLCARS) has a Technology only fest and excludes flea
market sales! Man, that got me a lot of hate mail as well! How dare you not
let my wife sell her crafts/beanies/etc. Man, now that was funny.

In my mind we need to do our personal best. If you can look at yourself in
the mirror and not say there is anything wrong with your actions, cool. If
it is within the rules and other people have a different opinion, well, just
remember what opinions are like. Everyone has one and they all stink :)

If you do feel bad about something you did, admit it to yourself and move
above and beyond it. Don't go crazy over all of it, and don't berate
yourself or others over it forever.

Gregg, I personally would like to see this go away, and if it has taken on
the levels of a personal assault so be it. If this is a threat, the simple
and FUN answer is to engage the FBI, since it crosses state lines they take
that very seriously and will investigate and charge the perp as needed. If
it was just a bunch of insults, let it pass, the loser will go away. If you
are a dedicated operator and enjoy the hobby, I would just let this pass and
move on.

As my friend Chris says (hi Chris), "Nothing to see here, move along, move
along..."

Just my thought, hope I didn't insult anyone but don't really care either.
Getting old brings out the curmudgeon in me :)