[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in UHF contest

To: "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, RMVHF+ <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>, Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in UHF contest
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:42:24 -0600
I will be active as a rover in the contest this weekend. Here is my
tentative itinerary, subject to change.

I am currently on 432 MHz only.

DM74 at 1800Z

DM75 at 1915Z

Then I will be mobile on I-40 West bound. This contest I should be
able to operate while in motion. I will stop if necessary to pick up
weak stations.

DM65 at 2030Z

Then I will proceed down I-25:

DM64 at 2130Z

DM63 at 2300Z

DM62 at 0030Z

I will operate all of the above grids while in motion, but I will stop
at a couple of high spots in each grid to call. I will also try to
find a high spot if you call and are too weak to pull out while in
motion.

DM61 at 0130Z I will try to operate from the Franklin Mountains there,
which should give me a good height above average terrain.

The next morning

DM72 at 1400Z I will try to operate from the Alamogordo Space Museum
here, it looks like a good high spot to operate from.

DM73 at 1530Z I will find a high spot to pull off the road and operate
here.

1630Z I will head for home operating as I go. I should be somewhere in
DM63 when the contest ends.

If there is construction, flat tires, low overhangs, or other delays,
this may all change. Please forgive.

I will have 2M SSB with me, so give a holler on 144.2 if you can't
find me on 432.1. The 2 M rig is 120 Watts to a three element Yagi
pointing forward.

I will have 50 Watts on 432 MHz to a 11 element Yagi while at rest and
a Symmetrical Double Rectangular Loop while in motion. The loop will
have a bidirecitonal pattern, but should be better than a halo in
nearly all directions, and the equivalent of a 3 element Yagi in the
front and back directions. We will see how it works out.

Please listen for me. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey