[VHFcontesting] Ideas for a Northeast rover route

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Ideas for a Northeast rover route
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 23:20:09 +0000
I'm getting plans together for the September VHF+ contest and wanted to get
some opinions of a proposed route.

I'm thinking of starting in the convergence of FN21/31/30/20.  Specifically,
I'm thinking about starting at Tallman Mountain State park in FN31.  Just a
couple miles South is Palisades Park in FN30.  A short drive to Wood Dale
County Park in FN21 would put me in position to catch the Garden State Parkway
South where I would pick up a few Q's in FN20, en route to the rest of my trip.

>From there, I would use the big rest areas on I-95 in Delaware and Maryland to
>pick up FM29 and FM19.  From Baltimore, I would cut West to Frederick and down
>to Inwood WV where I would catch a couple of Q's in FM09 and then to Hogback
>Overlook on Skyline Drive in FM08.  I would spend Sunday evening there until
>moving toward my home in FM18 for the last hour.

That's a 9 grid expedition, traveling through some heavily populated areas on
the East Coast.  My interest is in those parks in New Jersey at the beginning.
Has anybody used those recently?  Is there decent parking and good views toward
New England?  I'd like to hear any suggestions for spots along this route.

Thanks as always for the help.

Steve
K4GUN/R