Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 filters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 902/3 filters
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:44:44 -0700 (PDT)
I use a 3 pole tuneable ceramic filter pulled from the front end of a
Quintron
 900 Mhz paging link receiver in the homebrew transverter... Works FB.
If I need something tighter, i just dig through my pile of surplus paging
equipment... probably have a half-dozen transmitter cavities kicking
around here somewhere...

I also have some of the bandpass filters pulled from SGTF 1045A Motorola
SSPA's that I have not really successfully "narrowed"...  I am thinking
the input/output tap points need to be altered slightly for better
performance at 903 vs 869-896!!!

Find out who does the tower work for your local paging companies, they
probably get truckloads of surplus from time to time... or would know the
techs who likely end up selling it for scrap just to get it out of their
way!

Eric
KB7DQH