[VHFcontesting] usb to 232 noise

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] usb to 232 noise
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 04:45:31 -0400
Has anyone had any success curing noise from a USB to RS232 adapter?

I use a "cheapy" adapter to run my sound card interface from my laptop
when I am Roving.  Unfortunately, I've found a ton of noise on 2m due to
the adapter.  6m has some noise, but it is not as bad.

The sound card interface is used mostly for voice and cw keying, but I
don't want to rule out WSJT modes in the future.   However, with the
current noise it just won't work....  Clamp on ferrite's didn't seem to
help.   I regret selling my old Thinkpad now.   Looks like I may have to
"down grade" my computer system, hi hi.

73
Dan
--