[VHFcontesting] 2008 fall sprints

Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2008 fall sprints
From: Marshall Williams <k5qe@sabinenet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:26:50 -0500
Hello to all.....This "new" method appears to be the "old" method of
rover scoring.  I think that it is what is used in the CQ WW VHF
Contest.  Far superior to the current ARRL method.  Right now, under the
ARRL method of scoring, after a rover works me on 222, say, that rover
has NO incentive to work me on 222 again, except for the 2 QSO
points--the rover gets NO NEW multiplier.  Silly!!!!

These rules are FAR superior to those of other contests(excepting the CQ
WW VHF Contest, which has pretty sensible rules too).  Very little of
"Thou shalt not do this, or that, or something else" that we see
elsewhere.  The Sprints seem to be "wide open" affairs....the emphasis
is on making the contacts.  You DO still have to make the contacts.
That is where the emphasis should be.....73's to all.....Marshall K5QE