[VHFcontesting] Contest Branch Doing Emcomm Now

To: "'Fourlanders'" <fourlanders@contesting.com>, "'VHF Contesting Reflector'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest Branch Doing Emcomm Now
From: "Jim Worsham" <wa4kxy@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 03:42:41 -0400
FYI.  From the ARRL Contest Update dated September 17th:

Much of ARRL Contest Branch Manager Sean Kutko KX9X's time has recently been
taken up with assisting ARRL HQ efforts for supporting emcomm operations
resulting from recent hurricanes. His primary task? Keeping lists of active
emergency frequencies and getting them out to SMs, Directors, SECs, and
others. He'll be continuing in these support roles until the need no longer
exists.

This ties in with conversations I have had with some of you about the
staffing of the contest branch.  The next time it takes 6 months to publish
contest results, nearly a year to send out award certificates or you don't
get timely attention to a contest related question or issue now you know
why.  I know this is important work but couldn't they have had a clerk do
this?  Maybe someone scheduling ARISS contacts or sending out letters asking
for contributions to this or that fund.

73

Jim, W4KXY