[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprints

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 Sprints
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:19:59 -0500
Well, we had a good WeLCARS showing at our WorldWide HeadQuarters of about 5
Rovers and one portable station last night, we made some contacts and had a
lot of fun! Between all stations about 20 contacts, and we were nice and
intentionally didn't count each other.

It wouldn't work anyway. Do you guys realize how hard it is to talk on UHF
to each other when you are 100 feet apart? Desense-city there, we could not
even hear each other when turning off all the preamps and dropping the power
as low as possible and going off the sides of the beams. Now that was FUNNY.
Maybe if we had all transmitted into dummy loads or light bulbs. J

Hope you all had as much fun as we did.

Joe Serocki

N9IFG

Prez, WeLCARS (www.welcars.org)

Commander Peter Quincy Taggart: Never give up, never surrender!

Red Green: Quando omni flunkus moritati - when all else fails, play dead.

Riley Hollingsworth: If you don't like it spin the dial!