Re: [VHFcontesting] Public Logs contact info

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Public Logs contact info
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:42:05 -0600 (CST)
I myself tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I think 90% of the
people I work in a VHF contest I work on at least two bands. And I'm
guessing they work more people than me.  And I'm guessing I get the calls
correct because it's usually the same people I work over and over in the
contests. The only difference might be 6 meters where propagation allows
QSO's of more than a few hundred miles.

I haven't tried FM during a contest. Usually I'm kept busy runnung bands,
so I stick with CW/SSB. Also, my beams are all horizontally polarized.

73, Zack W9SZ