Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 820H and transverters

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom 820H and transverters
From: Ray J <Ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 22:58:09 -0600
Depends on what you mean by

"unless the ACC plug on the rear panel is what I would use."

You could hook the Send line to the keying interface for transverter.
  And you could  put a negative voltage into the the ALC line to ensure
that the radio is not putting an excessive amount of rf into the
transverter.

looks like you need to use the regular rf port for the tx/rx signals..
your radio does not have dedicated "transverter"ports.

w9Ray

Christopher S Peightal wrote:
> Has anyone ever used an Icom 820H to drive a transverter.  I looked at the
> 820H's manual and didn't see anything in there unless the ACC plug on the
> rear panel is what I would use.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
>                            73, chris, ka3zls

This Message has been scanned By
AVG Anti-Virus 8.0.169
http://www.avg.com