[VHFcontesting] Rovers ROCK! as long as...

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rovers ROCK! as long as...
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 07:17:13 -0800 (PST)
...they are operating in the same contest as I am.

ARRL rover rules have unwittingly created a CWAC (Contest Within A Contest).
In today's ARRL contests (not the Fall Sprints, by the way) Rovers are
encouraged to create packs for the expressed purpose of engaging in a road
rally, using Amateur radio logging as a "governer" to slow their driving
activity.

That is *not* the contest that I compete in.  That one is designed to "work as
many amateur *stations* in as many different 2 degrees x 1 degree grid squares
as possible using authorized frequencies above 50 MHz. Foreign stations work
W/VE amateurs only." (from the Rules for the ARRL's January 2009 VHF
Sweepstakes, emphasis is mine).

I would feel the same way, if "Foreign stations" worked each other, submitted
their logs and were recognized for their efforts.

Crackers for the cranium.
Ev, W2EV