Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers ROCK! as long as...

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers ROCK! as long as...
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 07:58:14 -0800 (PST)
--- On Sat, 12/6/08, k4gun@comcast.net <k4gun@comcast.net> wrote:

> I know I sound like a broken record here, but I'll say
> it again.  I have nothing against the grid circling guys.

And neither do I.  They should not, however, be recognized for amassing
stupid-huge scores for operating in ways that are contrary to the objective of
the contest they've submitted their logs to.

They *should* have fun.  It's a hobby, after all.  Just provide them with an
event whose objective meets their operating strategy.

The ARRL may have unwittingly discovered a reason for a new contest!  The ARRL
August Rover Road Rally!  If it is so fun, it will draw its own following.

The HF crowd has "flavor of the month" contests.  Some are more active than
others.  Why do we all seem land-locked into the same-ol' same-ol' and attempt
to jam a square peg through a round hole?

Ev, W2EV