Re: [VHFcontesting] roving affects us all

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] roving affects us all
From: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:29:32 -0800 (PST)
All I know is that the contests would be really boring if it weren't for the
rovers in the PNW that drive through the radio badlands of EwA and give me
something to work and look forward to other than listening to white noise.

I don't see the draw in creating a radio road rally amongst a closed group of
hams. What's the point other than to win on a technicality? If your not making
contacts with anyone else, what a waste of time, effort, and gas!

Someone please tell me what the point/draw is to grid circulating, I simply
don't get it.

Greg

Greg Chartrand - W7MY
Richland, WA.