Re: [VHFcontesting] rf problem

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rf problem
From: Ray J <Ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:15:26 -0600
thats a surprise? there is probably several watts of 50mhz coming back
down your coax to your 2 meter setup.

hard to believe its getting through the dci filter that good though.. is
that the big (12" or so long?) silver cavity filter. 144-146mhz)

do you have the filter inline  between the amp and antenna or between
the radio and amp? does the amplifier have a preamp?

Christopher S Peightal wrote:
> I am having alittle problem.  I have one tower that has my 6 meter yagi on
> it.

  It is a M2 6M7JHV and I have another tower about 35-40 feet away from
that

with my 2-1296Mhz antennas on that.  The problem is when I have the 6 meter
r antenna pointing towards the other tower running about 400 watts and with

the 2 meter radio and amp on some RF is coming down the 2 meter coax and of

  course triggering the 2 meter amp.  The 2 meter antenna is a few feet

higher than the 6 meter antenna.  My question is what filters if any do

  you guys recommend to surpress this problem.  The only filter I have in

line right now for 2 meters is a DCI filter but that is for intermod
problems.

  Hope I was clear enough to understand.  thanks, chris, ka3zls.

This Message has been scanned By
AVG Anti-Virus 8.0.169
http://www.avg.com