Re: [VHFcontesting] Dual Band Yagi question

To: "Embry jeffrey.embry"@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Dual Band Yagi question
From: Jerry Siegmund <jer.sieg@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 05:49:38 -0700
Jeff.. I have tried two different but similar Dual Band Antennas and I
don't think you would be happy with the results you are looking for.
Besides the Cushcraft A27010S, 'Blue Star' builds a similar one..
http://bluestarantennas.com/sales//catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_42&products_id=398
I would suggest either if you are looking for a Portable or Repeater Use
Only Dual Bander.. but not for Weak Signal Work. I tried them for a few
Sat Passes.. and my Discone I use for FM worked just as well or better
on the Rx end with some of the Birds.  I guess if you have to compromise
in one area, you will need to in others as well ! James attached some
excellent links to give you some better ideas.. looking at them myself !
Good Luck..
VE6CPP
DN39or