[VHFcontesting] January VHF Sweeps

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, SMC Reflector <smc@w9smc.com>, inham@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] January VHF Sweeps
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:17:37 -0500
I haven't seen many posts about January VHF Sweepstakes activity yet, so
I thought I would throw my hat in the ring...  Less than two weeks left,
you can find more info here:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2009/jan-vhf-ss.html

Due to circumstances beyond my control, the K9ZF /R rover station will
be grounded for this test.   Hopefully the auto market will recover soon...

Anyway, if I can get my  dinky home station antennas up in time I will
be on from home.  EM78el.   I will have 6 & 2, 100 watts, and small
yagis around 20' or so...  In the past I have found this will work about
20 stations over the course of a weekend, so I'm leaning toward making
this an "all digital" contest:-)   I haven't worked any scatter in a
couple of years, but I'm going to give it a try.  Skeds welcome, just
keep in mind my dinky station:-)

It would really be cool if I could work 100 QSO's, and 100 mults :-))

So, what are your plans?

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana.
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: