[VHFcontesting] Jan Test

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Jan Test
From: "Vic" <wb4slm@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:09:53 -0500
Hi folks --

Was planning to operate the Jan VHF TEST -- but yesterday we had over 20 hours
of high winds in EM82 -- gusts up to 63 mph and at times sustained winds of
45-50 ...  the good news is, the tower and antenna system have been tested to
50% of the design load & everything is still standing ... the bad news is, the
masts with the antennas on the "H" frame twisted .. the 2 meter antenna is
pointing north west while the 70cm antenna is pointing north .. 135cm is skewed
at least 30 degrees and 23cm about 20 degrees off centerline .. somehow 33cm  &
13cm remained straight ...  winds are gusting to 25-30 today making climbing
dangerous ... yeah I've got a week, but with maintenance still to be done in
the shack & pigtails to be made at the bottom for most of the transverters,  I
doubt I'll climb anytime soon ..

I plan to be on from EM82, but with the antennas askew, I've already made my
excuse :-))

Cheers de Vic - WB4SLM EM82dp //