[VHFcontesting] Getting back on 144 / L.O. follow-up

To: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Getting back on 144 / L.O. follow-up
From: Paul N1BUG <paul_n1bug@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:00:28 -0500
Thanks to all who sent me links, information and offers! The help is
greatly appreciated!

I will soon be coming back on 2m with a refurbished and updated Swan
TV-2. For now I will have about 75 watts and a yagi most likely in
the 20-foot boom class (I'll paw through my aluminum stash and see
what I can throw together). Hopefully I can substantially increase
power at a later date.

The winner in budget priced oscillators seems to be the W6PQL VHF
OCXO kit (http://www.w6pql.com). I wish that had been available
during those years I spent pulling my hair out on the 222 MHz LO
project!

I'm very excited about getting back on 2 meters. Operator
convenience will be far superior to anything I've had on 2 in the
past. For the first time I will be able to monitor 6 and 2 at the
same time and instantly transmit on either band. Gone will be the
toggle switch for T/R sequence control, in will be PTT and semi
break-in. I can scarcely imagine such conveniences! Now how long do
you suppose it will take to re-train the operator? ;-)

73,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf