Re: [VHFcontesting] Making skeds on HF during VHF contests?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Making skeds on HF during VHF contests?
From: jcplatt1@mmm.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:47:58 -0600
Hi Bill, I'll take a swing at this.  General Contest rule 3.10 states -
"The use of non-Amateur Radio means of communication (for example, Internet
or telephone) to solicit a contact (or contacts) during the contest period
is not permitted."    Dare I say that HF is indeed an Amateur Radio means
of communication, albeit on frequencies we use for IF.   Seems to me your
good to go.  It is not a common activity where I operate.   Anyone else ?

73, Jon
W0ZQ