Re: [VHFcontesting] States worked during a contest

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] States worked during a contest
From: "Neal Sulmeyer" <k4ea@k4ea.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:17:52 -0500
I know that in 1976 our Multi effort did net all 50 states on 6M.  The
amazing facts are:

It was our first VHF contest from our QTH atop Castro Peak (2800' above
Malibu, CA)

The 6m station was a Yaesu FT101B with ftv650 xverter with about 10w out,
and 5el HB yagi on a 20' mast.

80% of our 6m QSO's were on CW.  Fred, W6PVB (now AD6C) has sooopper ears!

And I was hooked on VHF contest ever since!

Neal Sulmeyer, K4EA (ex AE6E, WB6PXP)