[VHFcontesting] contest club idea parallel contest idea

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] contest club idea parallel contest idea
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:06:55 -0800
I propose parallel contests to see how they work.
I propose the formation of a contesting club to administer the parallel awards
in Parallel contests with the ARRL activities.
Once formed the club will rotate through contest ideas and apply them.
Such a club would have the self realization that they are going to have
contests that are “DUDS”.
However good contests will be kept in the rotation.
Contests will be voted on by entrants who are members of such clubs.
We will attempt to seek corporate sponsorship of successful efforts and move
them to their own weekends without using ARRL blocks of times as crutches.