Re: [VHFcontesting] Lubch box roving

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Lubch box roving
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 05:41:42 -0800 (PST)
Joe...
I read your posting with intense interest...from the perspective of "why do
people participate in Amateur radio events".  Succinctly, it is for two
reasons: (A) Because it's fun and (B) there is a reward.

Too often, we rely on the "official" reward, from the "contest sponsor".  Why?
Because they are the ones that offer the high-profile, public kudos.  For most
of us, the rewards are personal...and you did an EXCELLENT job of outlining
yours (recopied below).

Do everything that you can to keep the actions of others from robbing you of
your joy (item A) and the rewards that you receive (item B) from participating.
 Only then do they actually beat you.

I think that you are better than that.

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV