Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy
From: Fred Lass <felasstic@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:03:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi Dustin;

With two years of VHF contesting experience you already understand the crux of
the issue.

Those who cut their teeth on VHF/UHF know that the equipment, paths, antennas,
and frequency make some scheduling normal.

Those who operate HF feel that such operating style is unethical.  I agree.  I
do not make schedules for HF contests.

In my opinion, the problem arises when you attempt to blindly apply normal HF
practices to VHF contest rules.  The strong language seldom comes from a person
who began his hobby in VHF.

73,  Fred  K2TR