Re: [VHFcontesting] 2009 Spring Sprints

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2009 Spring Sprints
From: Spring Sprints <springvhfuhfsprints@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:11:44 -0500
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:41:03 (-0400), Phil Theis wrote:

> Spring Sprints are published in the WA7BNM contest calendar
> see contesting.com
> Phil K3TUF

Phil and VHF Contesting Community,

First, BE CAREFUL of what is posted on the WA7BNM Contest Calendar,
the information that >I< see PRESENTLY posted for "April" is for _2008_
and the dates are NOT the same for _2009_ (but I have confirmed the
200_9_ dates with Bruce and they will be correct ONCE the April 200_9_
information rolls into the calendar). "Contest Corral" at the ARRL web
pages has NOW been updated to show 2009 for April and that can be seen
at http://www.arrl.org/contests/months/apr.pdf (Thanks to Ward, N0AX
and the web production staff at ARRL HQ).

SO...what IS the status for 2009? (For THAT matter where are the 2008 Results?)

For 2009, the Spring VHF & Up Sprints ARE ON!

The 144, 222 and 432 MHz events will be in April, each continuing with
the traditional "band activity night" and from 7pm to 11pm LOCAL time.

144 MHz will be on Monday, April 6th, 2009.

222 MHz will be on Tuesday, April 14th, 2009

432 MHz will be on Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009.

The Microwave/902 MHz & Up will be on Saturday, May 2nd, 2009, from
6am to 1pm LOCAL time.

The 50 MHz Sprint will remain as the ONE event that is in UTC, start
time 2300Z on May 9th, through 0300Z on May 10th, 2009. "Locally"
(within where most of the participants have been), this will be on
Saturday in the evening (part of late afternoon for the more western
participants).

For 2008, it's MY bad (K9JK) and I apologize for the UN-acceptable
delay; I won't bore you with excuses for why but I AM working on it.

Co-sponsor, Steve, W4SHG, has actually been bugging me (for quite some
time) to get the information regarding the certificate and plaque
winners (for 2008) TO him and I have recently accomplished that so
Steve will getting those out shortly.

Steve has further expressed his desire to "downsize" his role as a
co-sponsor which he and I are working on. The rules for 2009 will be
pretty much the same as for 2008 (which can still be viewed at the web
site Steve provided, http://www.sysadnet.com/vhfsprintrules.htm) and
I'm working to get a 2009 version TO Steve to be posted AT THAT same
web address BUT it will be referring you to elsewhere, once I get all
of this done, since I will be (at least initially) using a "Google
Group" as the "home page" for 2009 and will also have something to
announce as far as an "organizational" sponsor once I get time to work
out (and write up) those details. Watch for further announcements
regarding those and other items.

Thanks to all who have participated and I hope that you all (and some
newbies?) will participate in 2009. Your support is appreciated and I
regret having had to test your patience with me (but I appreciate your
patience as well!)

Best of VHF! John Kalenowsky, K9JK