[VHFcontesting] Hams on Twitter?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Hams on Twitter?
From: Jeff Thomas <wa4zko@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:27:52 -0700 (PDT)
Just started tinkering with Twitter myself. Seems more usable for ham stuff
than FaceBook or MySpace IMHO. Admittedly I'm just getting started with a lot
of this stuff...of which I have varying opinions of (grin).

Guess we would have to be careful how we use it during some of the bigger
contests. Figure most folks would probably want to do two profiles. one
personal, then one for ham stuff to keep things manageable.

I have the following setup now, VHF/UHF Dx'ers feel free to add/follow:

http://twitter.com/wa4zko

The above will pretty much just have ham related posts/stuff on it for now.

Hey, since our beloved hobby seems to be competing against this "fad" stuff
that has the "younger folks" so distracted...we might as well use it ourselves!

73
Jeff
WA4ZKO

Support Ham Radio in Kentucky, get involved, get on the air!
http://twitter.com/wa4zko  (ham activity notes & etc)