[VHFcontesting] 2009 Spring Sprints Update #2

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2009 Spring Sprints Update #2
From: Spring Sprints <springvhfuhfsprints@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:01:10 -0500
Greetings all,

Three down and two to go!

1. The fourth event of this year's Spring Sprint series, for
Microwave/902 MHz & Up, is this coming Saturday, 5/2, from 6am to 1pm
"local time". This is the first Saturday of the month so it coincides
with "MAD" - Microwave Activity Day. The SBMS 2.3 GHz and Up Event IS
ALSO the same weekend. While the SBMS test has operating times beyond
the hours of the Spring Sprint, contacts made in that event that ARE
within the 6am to 1pm timeframe on Saturday, are certainly welcome to
be submitted to the Spring Sprints (and I'd very much appreciate that
logs submitted show JUST "Spring Sprint eligible" contacts).

2. The log submission deadline for 144 MHz passed with some minor
issues to be worked out and it looks like there will be 2 more logs
added to the list once all is resolved. Down a little bit from the 83
logs received in 2008 but still a good level of log submission and
activity. Thanks to ALL who were out there for 144.

3. The LOG SUBMISSION DEADLINE for the 222 MHz Sprint is THIS WEEK,
Wednesday, April 29. I'll accept logs electronically until Midnight in
MY "local time". If you were planning to 'snail mail' a paper log for
222 MHz and haven't gotten it IN the mail yet, you are probably too
late BUT you can STILL enter your log 'electonically' with help from
WA7BNM's "Web-to-Cabrillo" forms...check the 2009 Announcement and
Rules (see Rule 7.2.2 for details).

4. If you have submitted a log for ANY of the events so far, PLEASE
CHECK to be sure that it IS LISTED on the appropriate Logs Received
list, all of which can be viewed at:

http://groups.google.com/group/springsprints/web/

Let me know ASAP if you DID submit a log but your callsign is NOT
listed the list for that band. I've NOT updated the 144 list but the
222 and 432 lists were updated showing all logs for those bands I had
received as of early this morning, Sunday, 4/26.

Thanks for your time, interest and participation.

73, JK