[VHFcontesting] 2009 Spring Sprints Update #3

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 2009 Spring Sprints Update #3
From: Spring Sprints <springvhfuhfsprints@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 13:45:56 -0500
Greetings all,

Four down and one to go!

1. The fourth event of this year's Spring Sprint series, for
Microwave/902 MHz & Up, has now passed and five logs had already been
submitted as of my update to the Logs Received list this morning.

2, The fifth and final event is NEXT Saturday for the 50 MHz Spring
Sprint. I've been seeing some occasional reports of sporadic-E so
let's all be there "just in case" it is hopping then. This is the ONE
event that runs in the "same" hours for everybody, 2300Z on May 9
through 0259Z on May 10.

3. The final accepted log count for 144 MHz is 70 and one late log
will be added as a Checklog. I have started some initial "log
checking" and everything is looking good so far. The log submission
deadline for 222 MHz passed and with no issues to be resolved (of
which I am aware). The 42 logs for 222 MHz just edged ahead of the
2008 count (by 1). Thanks to ALL who were out there for 144 and 222.

3. The LOG SUBMISSION DEADLINE for the 432 MHz Sprint is THIS WEEK,
Thursday, May 7th. I'll accept logs electronically until Midnight in
MY "local time" (CDT).

4. If you have submitted a log for ANY of the events so far, PLEASE
CHECK to be sure that it IS LISTED on the appropriate Logs Received
list, all of which can be viewed at:

http://groups.google.com/group/springsprints/web/

Let me know ASAP if you DID submit a log but your callsign is NOT
listed the list for that band. The 144 list shows the 70 logs that
were received "on time", as does the 222 list and 432 list was updated
showing all logs I had received for 432 as of early this morning,
Sunday, 5/3. The 432 log count was at 52 this morning, still a little
shy of the 61 received in 2008, so I hope there are a few more 432
logs out there, just waiting to be submitted.

Continued thanks for your time, interest and participation.

73, JK