[VHFcontesting] Has anyone tried this?

To: "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Has anyone tried this?
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:36:46 -0500
I know at one time a few of the armed forces HF stations stacked
LPDA's but they tilted them so that they would keep the spacing
somewhat linear across the frequency range.
I.E. the LPDA's were much further apart at the low frequency end as
they would be at the high frequency end.  Something like this
http://ka5cvh.com/stacked_lpda.jpg

In "theory" you should see up to a 3dB gain stacking them as well as a
narrower vertical beamwidth.  I'm just wondering if this might be an
option for a rover using something like the KMA144-500 or even the
KMA50500s or other similar 50-500 MHz LPDA's.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

There is only one church,