Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Log Periodic Antenna Performance?

To: AA4ZZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Log Periodic Antenna Performance?
From: George Sintchak/WA2VNV <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 11:46:13 -0400
Les - to use a single feedline, you can use a multiband Pentaplexer  x2 (5
bands) at each end of the coax.
see http://www.rfwiz.com/AustinAntenna/AustinAntennaTriplexers.htm
I use the pentaplexer to feed multiple xcvrs to a discone at the top of my
tower mast for verticle polarization for monitoring, repeaters, etc.
You could use this method to feed multi radios to a single coax (1/2 or 7/8
hardline) and then use another splitter at the mast to feed multiple Yagis.

I have NO connection with this company, just a satisfied user. I have RF
swept the ports and indeed verified the insertion loss and out of band
rejection and it meets all the specs. Actually the low freq port on the 5
band unit is good for 50 MHz and below so you can get HF if needed.
Just some more things to plan/consider.

I concur - start small/simple, wait for them to get used to seeing it - then
add more aluminum to get those more distant TV stations. Don't mention you
do ANY transmitting at all.

George, WA2VNV