[VHFcontesting] High Voltage Plate Supply components FS

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] High Voltage Plate Supply components FS
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:31:33 +0000
Hi Gang, I am coming to the realization that my VHF operation from now on will
mostly be from the rover or from K1WHS contest station. Either way, all these
components I've been hoarding for the "ultimate HV supply" are now excess to my
needs.. Here's what I got!

Plate transformer primary 208-240v. Secondary ~3000vac at ~ 1.5 amps. This
transformer was used in a plasma generator to power one or 2 5CX1500B pentodes
i believe. It's a modern transformer with taps on the primary and an untapped
secondary. It comes WITH the matching bridge rectifier board, which has 4 legs
of 6 MR510, 1000v 3amp diodes. The output terminal of the board is marked +3500
v.d.c. The 3 amp diodes make me think the transformer will supply well over an
amp continuous. The secondary measures 12 ohms. I used this transformer briefly
to power my 2M 8877 and it didn't even get warm at the 1500watt RF output
level. It weighs 72# on my bathroom scale. I have pictures.. I will crate and
ship for $20 plus shipping costs (or pickup is OK too).. Price for transformer
and rectifier board $250.

240 v. 25 amp Variac. This baby is in really good condition. pix also available
$50

General Electric 25uF 3200v.d.c. Oil Filled capacitor.. Perfect condition $40

Sparague 25uF 4000vdc Clorinol oil filled capacitor nice $30

email with any questions.. thanks!!

bill, K1DY