Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to VHF Contest Rule - A brief note from your

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to VHF Contest Rule - A brief note from your Dakota Div VUAC Rep
From: "Kutzko, Sean, KX9X" <kx9x@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:33:08 -0400
--- On Wed, 5/27/09, jcplatt1@mmm.com <jcplatt1@mmm.com> wrote:

> From: jcplatt1@mmm.com <jcplatt1@mmm.com>
>
> 4)  Can a RL make Q's on bands above the lowest four
> bands ?
> As always I defer to the Contest Manager as he interprets
> the rules.   In
> my opinion the answer is no.  If you do, then you are
> a (classic) rover,
> not a Limited Rover - the text of the rule seems clear to
> me.

Based on the new wording of the rules, a Limited Rover may not claim
contest QSO points or multipliers from QSOs made on bands other than the
lowest four bands available in any given contest.

Limited Rovers are able to make QSOs on bands other than the lowest four
and submit them as a checklog.

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Contest Branch Manager

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1494
Telephone: 860-594-0232
Fax: 860-594-0259