Re: [VHFcontesting] Jun VHF prep comments wanted

To: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Jun VHF prep comments wanted
From: "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:14:55 -0400
I've done a bunch of stuff to prep for this season .. had to take
apart and rebuild the rear mast (a stainless screw had popped out of
one of the inner racks and got jammed between the rack and the side of
the pole, causing a bit of damage that was cleaned up with a cylinder
hone), built and installed preamps for 144/222/432, rebuilt the
H-frame so that the tubing wouldn't crush so much and added wooden
braces to keep it all square and keep individual antennas from
wandering out of alignment, reconfigured the cabling to the back mast
to eliminate the wires going in between the back doors, got rid of one
computer entirely with the multi-seat Linux stuff I had mentioned a
couple months back, fixed (again) a broken sequencer on 10G. Still
need to figure out why the K3 won't drive my band decoder and look at
possibly integrating my hpsdr stuff (though xtof is bringing the
SDR-IQ if I don't succeed).

I'll send you some pix direct ..

de w1rt/john