Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule 2.3.1....

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule 2.3.1....
From: Christopher Burke <burke166@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:05:09 -0500
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:17:49 -0400,James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Example:
> a) you have 35 operators with their own personal equipment brought along
>   all transported by ONE vehicle be it RV, bus, semi.
> b) Each operator uses their personal call with said equipment to make
>   contacts in each grid stopped in.
> c) Any of said operators can be the driver of vehicles.
> d) said operators logs can be applied to a club score for Club
>   Competition scoring.
> e) equipment CANNOT be shared between stations if used by original
>   station.
>
> That is what I am asking about.

Oh!  I get it now.  No, you can't do this but I'm not sure why you'd want
to, other than to put more than one signal per band on the air at the same
time, which would be impractical - even on a semi or a huge coach everything
would be too close.  Since everybody would run Unlimited Rover it makes more
sense to use just one call and have everyone's score count toward that one
entry.  If you're not worried about the competition, then the rules don't
matter anyway.  Do what you want, have fun, and submit checklogs (or not).

But you could always load up 2 or 3 vans or Suburbans or whatever and run 2
or 3 Unlimited Rovers as a caravan if you had that many ops and you wanted
2-3 signals per band on the air at once.  2 or 3 Unlimiteds running together
would make for an interesting race with the California ops that run
Unlimited.  That would make for some good competition.

Reading your reply again, though, I think the real deal breaker for you is
no club competition for Unlimited Rovers.  Yeah, that's a downer but I can
understand the reason for the rule.  But if you were going to make a go of
this, you could always use the club call for one of the stations.

73!  Chris N9YH

--
Chris Burke
chris@n9yh.com