Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] N1LF/R Plans for CQ VHF July Contest

To: <rfacres@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] N1LF/R Plans for CQ VHF July Contest
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 02:52:44 -0500
Brian & The Gang,

That memo must have been before my time! (ha, ha). I just reprogrammed the
Tiny Trak 3 to display the rover (p) sign, so I hope that helps those
looking for us during the contest.

Tested the rover station tonight with Jimmy Long, W4ZRZ and Bob, K4ESA.
Couldn't pull Bob out on the 432mhz single loop, but everything else worked
well. Should be ready to roll during the long drive to Florida tomorrow.

Does anyone have any idea which simplex frequencies, if any, are in use
during the contest in Florida? I know that 146.520 is off-limits, but I'd
love to use the FM rig to monitor any simplex frequency that might have
traffic during the event.

If anyone is interested in trying to work me during the trip down, I'll be
alternating between 50.125 and 144.200, depending on band conditions.
Looking forward to a great contest.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf