Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] ARRL and CQ Log Robot and N3FJP

To: "'Bob Mantell'" <k4esa@yahoo.com>, "'vhf'" <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "'vhf contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "'David All'" <n3xudfm19@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] ARRL and CQ Log Robot and N3FJP
From: "Jon Casamajor" <k6el@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 02:34:15 -0000
I have used N3FJP for the last two tests. I like the program...simple to
use. I would like to see a display of who/where...which station did I work
on which band in some sort of an easy page like the grids are displayed
maybe. I missed a Q with a station I knew I worked but I had only worked him
on 6m. I was suspicious and waded back through the whole lot a little later
and confirmed my suspicion that something was wrong. Luckily I found him on
2m at the end of the test.
Nice program, very stable on Vista. Requires you to click on the "compatible
files" when you go looking for your Cabrillo file or your ADIS file to be
able to see it and deal with it but that is a Vista issue.
I've never logged more than 85 Q's since I've been using it. Up to that
level it works great. It is only set up for 4 contests I think which is fine
and what I needed for VHF. I haven't tried any of the rig interface stuff
yet but plan to do that before September.

Regards,
Jon-K6EL
CM99br
k6el@comcast.net