[VHFcontesting] FS: Tokyo Hy-Power 500 watt solid state 2 meter amp

To: moon-net@list-serv.davidv.net, flwss@flwss.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com, sidewindersontwo@yahoogroups.com, packrats@mailman.qth.net, wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: Tokyo Hy-Power 500 watt solid state 2 meter amp
From: Bill Dzurilla <billdz.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:44:05 -0700 (PDT)
Just acquired a kilowatt amp for 2 meters, so my THP HL-500V 500 watt amp is
available for sale.  This is the amp I used to make over 50 EME contacts with a
single 9 element M2 yagi.  It is in excellent condition with no problems or
issues, 3 years old.

If your primary concern is watts per dollar, this is probably not the amp for
you.  There are less expensive ways to get 500 watts output on 2 meters.
However, if you want a quiet, reliable, nice-looking, light-weight,
top-of-the-line amp with a built-in power supply and extensive protection
features and metering, this is what you need.  For a picture and full specs,
see http://www.thp.co.jp/english/hl_500v_e.html.

The price for a new HL 500-V is $3800.  Mine is available for $2300 plus
shipping, local pick-up welcome.

73,
Bill NZ5N