[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r Plans

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, RMVHF+ Plus <rmvhf@rmvhf.org>, Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r Plans
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:46:04 -0600
I am going to present a talk on VHF/UHF operating at CactusCon, a QRP
convention near Flagstaff AZ, this weekend, so my operating time in
teh contest will be a bit disjoint.

We may be on sporadically from DM45 early in the contest. I hope I can
make some contacts to the south in AZ. Somewhere around 2300Z we will
head back through Albuquerque, passing through DM45, DM44, DM55 and
DM65 on the way to Albuquerque. We probably won't make stops, just
contacts as we travel. Look for us.

Sunday morning we will get on the road about 1300Z to 1400Z and head
east on I-40, passing through DM65, DM75 and DM74 at various times as
I-40 traverses the boundary of DM75/DM74 a couple of times. We will
head north on Hwy 84 to Las Vegas, NM in DM75 and then north on I-25
through DM76 to Colorado and DM77, DM78, and ??? We will probably run
out of contest somewhere between Pueblo and Colorado Springs.

Here is the setup:

  220MHz        TS-2000X/XV-222/KLM 100 watt linear to 3 ele Yagi
  432MHz        TS-2000X/100 Watt MIrage linear (not in NM though) 6 ele Yagi
1296MHz TS-2000X/10 Watts to 11 element Yagi

This is not an extensive effort, but I will try to make as many
contacts as I can. Although most of the operation will be while in
motion, I may stop for a few minutes if we hit a good spot. Listen for
the weak ones. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey