[VHFcontesting] N1LF/R Plans for ARRL UHF Contest

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "Alabama Contest Group" <contest@alabamacontestgroup.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N1LF/R Plans for ARRL UHF Contest
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 00:30:09 -0500
Tomorrow is the ARRL UHF Contest, and N1LF/R will be out again! Our plans have
changed due to last minute problems with the rover. We'll spend most of the day
Saturday in EM63 at a site called "Locust Ridge" near Alabaster, AL. EM63og to
be exact.

To encourage some local activity, we're hosting an "FM Hour" from 6PM until 7PM
on Saturday. Several of the contest stations will be monitoring 223.5 MHz FM
and 446.000 FM Simplex looking for local contacts. If you're anywhere in
Alabama, get on and give a few CQ's...you may be surprised who you can work.
I'm hoping that many Alabama Contest Group members will make it on to represent
our club.

On Sunday, we'll be up before dawn and driving to Gadsden, AL to operate from
the gird intersection of EM63, EM64, EM74, and EM73 until contests end on
Sunday afternoon.

We're running all bands 222 thru 2304. The truck is equipped with good sized
beams and a 440 loop when we're in motion. We'll be monitoring 432.100 all day.
Please listen for the weak signals!

If you're a multi-op, you can track us on APRS using the web link below, which
updates itself automatically.
http://k6ib.com/cgi-bin/aprs/tracker?call=n1lf-1&view=b&type1=0&type2=1&zoom1=11&zoom2=17

Hope to work many of you during the contest!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park