[VHFcontesting] Protest Logs

To: Marshall Williams <k5qe@sabinenet.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Protest Logs
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:07:32 -0600
Marshall - Unfortunately, submitting a zero QSO log and not
particpating will send the wrong message to the ARRL. They will think
participation is down and may consider canceling the contest. Look at
the endangered life the UHF contest lives.

Consider another form of protest. Note your protest in the soapbox.
Submit a sidebar complaining about the dismissal of the assisted
category to the contest summary author. Submit the header in all lower
case, including your call. This will standout in the logs received.
Send a copy of your log with the soapbox complaining about the
elimination of the assisted class to your ARRL Director, the PSC
committee, the VUAC committee, your section manager, and the ARRL
contest manager. Ask others to do the same. Sign /? or something
unique for protest. Complain to all the usual ARRL suspects. Be
creative. Ask others to do the same.

I am not an EMEr, so I don't have an ox in this pull, but fewer
contests can't help anyone. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey