Re: [VHFcontesting] (no subject)

To: "kevin kaufhold" <kkaufhold@yahoo.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] (no subject)
From: "Bill W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:53:04 -0600
Here's another reason I think the CQ VHF in July has soared in popularity:

It allows stations without weak-signal UHF/microwave capabilities -- most of
us,
after all -- to enter and be competitive! You can even enter as a single-band
station, which is what I do (6 meters), as I don't have a competitive 2-meter
antenna system.

I would strongly recommend this same strategy for the ARRL June contest where
sporadic-E propagation dominates. (Leave September and January as they are,
more
or less.) I think differentiating it in this way would raise the participation
in this event even more.

Bill W5WVO