[VHFcontesting] XV222+K2: One More Thing

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] XV222+K2: One More Thing
From: Mark Adams <msadams60@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:36:13 -0400
Gang,
I forgot to mention one thing I really don't like about the Elecraft XV222
combined with my K2. This combo has fixed semi-QSK that is just fast enough
to be really annoying. I like it hard keyed or full break in like the bare
K2. I cannot live with the "fully integrated" combo. There may be a way
around this but as of now I am going to use the 817 as the IF rig running to
a high isolation switchbox to feed 222, 903-10G. Keying is then identical on
all bands. I have the 817 set for about 340 ms. FB for me.
Mark K2QO/R
Getting ready for January Sweeps!