Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Tuesdays are BACK!

To: John Kemker <john@kemker.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Tuesdays are BACK!
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:17:12 -0400
John,

When I e-mailed Paul, W1GHZ about boards for his 222 transverter a week
or two ago, he said the Toko helical filters and the 5W power module
were the "unobtanium" parts.  He said he was working on a substitute
power module, but that it "wasn't a direct replacement".

His note said that he had "a few of the boards left" but the general
tenor of his note seemed to indicate that the parts shortage was a
serious problem.

It is interesting to note that all of the 50-432 DEMI transverters are
not currently available because these are "in re-design".  I bet this is
due to unobtanium parts...  In reply to a note to a friend of mine, DEMI
indicated that they hoped to be back in production by late December,
Also the 432 MHz Elecraft transverters were not available for a while
due to parts shortages (but back in production now).

Dave/K8CC