[VHFcontesting] Mentor Wanted (WSJT)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Mentor Wanted (WSJT)
From: "Les Rayburn" <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:04:18 -0600
In regards to those trying WSJT software for Meteor Scatter and EME, I'd be
happy to help anyone get started. In my case, I was talked through the
process using the Ping Jockey MS Reflector at:

http://www.pingjockey.net

Usually if you post that you'd like to try your first QSO, someone on the
reflector will be happy to walk you through the steps, and answer questions
as you go. Having someone beside you in the shack is better, of course, but
it can be done on-line.

If you have a working soundcard interface that allows you to make PSK-31
contacts, RTTY, etc. then getting started on WSJT isn't hard at all.

Please let me know if I can help. I'd love to see more VHF Men on WSJT---the
bands are nearly always open using these modes! Great fun too!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park