[VHFcontesting] Help with WSJT in VHF Sweeps

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, rvhfg_general@yahoogroups.com, ontVHFAssoc_reflector@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Help with WSJT in VHF Sweeps
From: Mark Adams <msadams60@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:48:14 -0500
Hi Gang,

K2QO here looking for some basic info. Next week I will be running WSJT on 6
and 2M for the Sweeps. As of today, all I have running is PSK31 using
DigiPan. In fact, I just made my first ever digital Qs last night! I'm
looking for any advice related to "gotchas" or "snafu's" that I should be
aware of as I set this up. I have the WSJT manual and K1JT's article from
QST published back in 2001 or so.

So, here is my setup:
FT-100D
150W on 2M, M2 2M7 at 60'
100W on 6M, Hy-Gain DX64 at 55'
Signalink SL-1
Dell 610 Laptop running N1MM and WSJT

Maybe you know of settings I may need to change on the radio that are not
generally listed anywhere?
Which direction should I point the beams for contacts?
How long should I stick with an incomplete contact before I move on?
Are scheduled contacts much easier to complete than randoms?

Thanks es CU in the contest!
Mark K2QO