[VHFcontesting] ARRL Jan VHF N3ALN Single Op LP

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Jan VHF N3ALN Single Op LP
From: Alan Muldawer <alan@muldawer.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:45:04 -0500

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  369    81  Total Score = 43,173

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was excited to start the ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes. I have been working
on my station and trying to get everything in working order and not let
Murphy
rear its ugly head.  During the summer I noticed that I was very weak on 903
MHz and I removed the coax going into my transverter and water poured out of
the coax!  I replaced the coax and 903MHz was back in operation. I also
wanted to try a new logging program and settled on RoverLog and I was very
happy
with it and all the features that it has. I started ahead of the contest to
familiarize myself with the logging program and I would highly recommend it,
it worked great! I also consulted with W3ZZ and N1SZ on some contesting
strategies and the two contesting veterans gave me some great advice.  The
contest
started pretty well and there were no band openings and I worked the
locals.  I was
mainly on 2 meters with an ear on 6 meters.  My goal was to try to beat my
last score from last year and I did!  I am as always looking forward to the
next
VHF contest.