Re: [VHFcontesting] Activity in the ARRL VHF Contests SInce 1991

To: "Eugene Zimmerman" <ezimmerm@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Activity in the ARRL VHF Contests SInce 1991
From: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:35:33 -0700
Gene - Thanks for the comments again. I think most of your comments are spot on.

I always thought that a 6M only contest in one of the weekends preceding or
following the tne June VHF contest would be a big hit; similar to the 10M and
160M contests. I agree with the distance scoring for at least one contest in
addition to the 10 GHz contest. The Joe706 pack category could attract a lot of
participants, if it were promoted properly and the construction of simple but
effective antennas pushed in conjunction with the introduction of the contest.
- Duffey